Having got one of the global automobiles giants imposed with a fine of Rs. 87 crores amongst other instances, our grip on this sector is complete. KK Sharma Law Offices (‘Firm’) has dealt with the procurement of services of Car Carrier Trucks by market leader in automobile sector in India and brought the anti-competitive practices to the fore.
The very first investigation in the country into competition law violations was made which resulted in a cascading effect of company after company giving up the claims of loan foreclosure charges in home and car loans across the country, amongst others, were under taken.
When the allegations of cartel were brought before the enforcement machinery against the flexible conveyor belt manufacturers they were clear in their mind that only KKSLO can deal it successfully and, accordingly, they availed our services.
The very first successful instance of cartelisation dealt by the competition agency in the case of Ficci Multiplex Association was very successfully dealt with by the competition agency under the overall supervision of Mr. Sharma.
The very first penalty on the leading stock exchange of the country exceeding Rs.50 Crores was based on the investigation done by the Mr. Sharma. Subsequently, when there were allegations of future trading and guar gum and other similar commodities, for saving the enterprises from huge fines, the Firm was the natural choice for representing these companies.
As one of the most landmark cases in Indian competition law history, a penalty of Rs. 672 Crores imposed on the four Public Sector Insurance Companies, on the basis of documentary evidence of cartelisation. With diligent arguments, this penalty was successfully struck off and reduced to Rs. 2 Crores.
An instance of market abuse involving exclusionary practices by the biggest liquor mafia of UP was successfully sent to investigation before DG by diligently marshalling of evidence and its presentation before the authorities concerned. The instances of abuse of dominant position in the case of liquor mafia of UP were clearly brought out. Similarly, in another matter when an established leading beer manufacturer faced issues with a public sector giant supplying Piped Natural Gas (PNG) and the abusive contract in the clause, the Firm was a natural choice for taking up the cause of the liquor supplier in the issue of manufacturing of glass bottles using gas.
Be it roof mounted air conditioner or manufacturing of fashion garments or fruit products or complicated printing machines, the Firm has exposure in dealing with different facets of manufacturing industry.
Be it the bulk transpiration of piped natural gas or the issues involving use of proprietary software of System Application Products (SAP) in the offshore establishment of the public sector oil giant of the country, KKSLO was the natural choice to fall back upon.
The market abuse in pharma industry is not a new phenomenon. It has been going on for quite some time. Be it from the side of the enforcer, when in service, or on opposite side, the malpractices infesting the pharma industry have been successfully brought to the knowledge of the authorities concerned.
Having dealt with a slew of cases against real estate giants by submitting information to the appropriate authorities showing the violation of law has resulted in substantial imposition of penalty in this sector and relief to our clients.
- Conducting due diligence for commercial, residential, and industrial real estate transactions to discover all material facts and conditions affecting the Property and the transaction
- Exposition services for registration of properties at sub-registrar offices
- Rendering service to clients to receive various approvals/permission/licenses from authorities concerned
- Vetting, conveyance, drafting, and interpretation of various types of contracts/annexure such as co-partnership, joint venture, consortium, sale deed, lease deed, a general power of attorney, builder buyer agreement, special power of attorney, and other legal documents
- Evaluating and verifying title deeds, conducting title search/title inquiry of properties all over India
- Handling legal aspects of project sanctioning, housing loan and other types of cases involving mortgage
- Recommending clients beyond the basic legal requirements while acquiring, disposing, and transferring properties
- Offering consultation on tax planning related to transactions to bring down tax liability
- Assistance and representation before RERA, Consumer Commissions, various District Courts, High Courts, and Supreme Court
Having dealt with the biggest PSUs giants in the shipping industry, the Firm has been able to deliver success in the grievances of victims of violations of the law.
- Formation, administration, and maintenance of NGOs, Societies, Trusts, Associations
- Registration of an NGO with the Registrar of Companies, Registrar of Societies, or with the Registrar of Assurances as the case may be
- Filing of returns, reports, and other necessary documents from time to time as per the provisions of the governing statute
- Drafting of Memorandum and Articles of Association, Memorandum and Rules and Regulations and Trust Deed of a Company, Society and Trust respectively
- Obtaining necessary approval from the Central Government and complying with all secretarial and other legal compliances
- Representing before the courts, tribunals, registrars, etc